Collection and Use of Personal Information
Here are some examples of the types of personal information AirCall may collect and how we may use it:
What personal information we collect
- When you create an AirCall ID, enter your information into the AirCall App, apply for credit, purchase a product or service, download an application update, register a HVAC unit, contact us or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card information.
- When you share your content with family and friends using the AirCall app, or invite others to participate in AirCall service offerings, AirCall may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. AirCall will use such information to fulfill your requests, provide the relevant product or service, or for anti-fraud purposes.
How we use your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on AirCall’s latest product announcements, application updates, service requests and service fulfilment, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by updating your preferences.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
- We may use your personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may use date of birth to determine the age of AirCall ID account holders.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with AirCall, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve AirCall’s products, services, and customer communications.
- If you enter into a contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where an AirCall App is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Such information will not be associated with your IP address.
- With your explicit consent, we may collect data about how you use your device and applications in order to help our app developers improve our app.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
As is true of most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. AirCall may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the AirCall website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times AirCall may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with AirCall to provide products and services, or that help AirCall market to customers.
AirCall shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering parts for your HVAC system products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever AirCall operates.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for AirCall to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
AirCall takes the security of your personal information very seriously. Really. It is not just some statement our lawyers told us we have to make. We try to collect as little personal information as we need to operate our websites and the AriCall App as efficiently as possible to provide services to you. We use Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption to protect your personal information during transit. When your personal data is stored by AirCall, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures. Cloud data is stored in encrypted form including when we utilize third-party storage.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
To provide location-based services on AirCall products, AirCall and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your AirCall computer or device. Where available, location-based services may use GPS, Bluetooth, and your IP Address, along with crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspot and cell tower locations, and other technologies to determine your devices’ approximate location. Unless you provide consent, this location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by AirCall and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services. For example, your device may share its geographic location with application providers when you opt in to their location services.
Third‑Party Sites and Services
AirCall websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
All such communications are examined and replies issued where appropriate as soon as possible. If you are unsatisfied with the reply received, you may refer your complaint to the relevant regulator in your jurisdiction. If you ask us, we will endeavor to provide you with information about relevant complaint avenues which may be applicable to your circumstances.
California Privacy Disclosures
Do Not Track
AirCall does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, Safari allows you to set the DNT signal on your browser so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked.
Third parties that have content embedded on AirCall’s websites such as a social feature may set cookies on a user’s browser and/or obtain information about the fact that a web browser visited a specific AirCall website from a certain IP address. Third parties cannot collect any other personally identifiable information from AirCall’s websites unless you provide it to them directly.